PaulDotCom mailing list archives

testing a Forescout CounterACT product

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 00:48:26 +0100

I'll be testing a Forescout CounterACT (
http://www.forescout.com/product/) box in a couple of weeks time so
doing some research and was wondering if
anyone had tested one of these before and had anything they could share. I
think I'll be primarily be looking at the NAC side of it but will be
confirming that with the client before hand. The standard attack of
pretending to be a device that won't have a NAC client (printer) will
likely be my first attempt to get in.

It would be nice to take it down, especially after reading the Threat
Prevention section on their site:

"ForeScout’s patented ActiveResponse™ technology is included in every
product that we sell. ForeScout
ActiveResponse<http://www.forescout.com/solutions/threat-prevention/>blocks
both known and unknown attacks with 100% accuracy. This unique
technology does not require signature updates, nor suffers from false
positives. And since operates with zero maintenance, you automatically gain
real-time protection inside your network in full blocking mode."

That is a big claim!

Robin