PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Help Convincing Employer to Pay for SANS Training

From: Pierre Wills <pierre.wills () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 14:13:01 -0400

 I have already talked to my direct management and they are all for sending
me to SANS Fire 2013 in Washington, DC.  The only issue now is that I have
to convince upper management that it is worth it to pay for me to go to the
training.  The class I am taking is SEC506 Securing Unix/Linux and
considering our environment is 97% Linux it should be a no brainer.  But I
was wondering if anyone could help provided me with some bullet points I
can use in my write up to help convince upper management to pay for the
course.  The company I work for is a contacting company mostly to the
Federal Government with some Private Industry so anything related to the
Federal Government would be great.

Thanks