PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Best ROI Combination - Metasploit & Training

From: Michael Allen <sector876 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 12:03:48 -0500

Have you considered the courses offered by offsec?

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Arch Angel <arch3angel () gmail com> wrote:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Our company is reviewing vulnerability management suites and Metasploit
for validation and penetation testing.  Right now we are leaning towards
Rapid7, but would like others opinions on Qualys, McAfee, nCircle, and
Lumension.  Rght now Rapid7 wants to sell us Nexpose with Metasploit Pro
and training.  I don't believe this will have the best ROI.  I believe that
we could purchase NexPose, use Metasploit Community, and go to SANs for the
training.  I believe this will be less expensive and be an overall better
choice in the long haul.

If SANS is choosen what courses would be the best over all for this
project?

My opinion are these courses, in order:

     SEC560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
     SEC617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, and Defenses
     SEC542: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking

What are your opinions?

Thanks All!

Robert
(arch3angel)

--
Michael Allen| Senior Security Consultant
CEH, OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIA