PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: alternative to KeePass 2.18 for OS X (requirement Open Source and no m$ .Net)

From: Ben Floyd <Ben.Floyd () improvingenterprises com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:43:41 +0000

My experience with the Mono version of KeePass on OSX has been bad. It is very sluggish and corrupted my database
during a crash – I did not follow up to determine if that was a mono, os, or application issue. Instead, I followed a
colleagues recommendation to check out KeePassX and have been very happy with it. It is open source, though not
maintained by the same people as the Windows version. It is compatible with the Windows version database files however
and I've been very happy with it. That being said, I have been waiting for a deal to come along for 1Password because I
have all Apple devices and I feel the pain a little too often of trying to read those longer pass phrases while typing
them on an iPhone or iPad.

HTH,

Ben