PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: alternative to KeePass 2.18 for OS X (requirement Open Source and no m$ .Net)

From: Jon Molesa <rjmolesa () consoltec net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 12:36:52 -0500

I'm familiar with the breach they experienced. However, they did force a password reset on all accounts, and if yours was sufficiently strong I'd say you would have little to worry about. I know on a long enough time line it will be crack, but when I'm dead will I actually care? Probably not. Still, you raise an important point. You must trust the system you're using for password management. If you don't trust it don't use it. At the time of the breach I was leery of them too and only had 2 passwords stored in their system. I was managing my passwords in a gpg encrypted text file that I opened transparently with vim. This model isn't very portable as there are sync'ing issues and the lack availability of vim on mobile phones means that I could readily access my passwords on the go.