PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Indian Phone Scammers

From: Mike Patterson <mike () snowcrash ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:35:42 -0400

On 12-07-19 2:40 PM, Josh More wrote:
Yes, people fall for this.  If they didn't, attackers wouldn't do it.

I don't know why you assume the folks doing the calling have a better
handle on their business than you might attribute to "regular" companies
that continue pushing a failing strategy, to the point it beggars belief.

I don't disagree that it does work (I know it does, I've known people
who fell for it). But I don't agree that it must be a successful
business strategy, simply because it continues to happen.

I realise that's not explicitly what you said, but you do hear that
argument a lot. :)

Mike

--
No one now dies of fatal truths; there are too many antidotes to them.
 - Friedrich Nietzsche