PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Netbook & Distro for Bob

From: admin () badcrc com
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:19:20 -0600

My friend Bob is looking for a reasonably priced netbook with the following qualities:

-Wireless (with expansion capabilities in case Bob wants to do wireless bridging, etc.)
-Hardware that plays well with Linux
-Decent battery life
-Durable (will spend most of its life bouncing around in a backpack with other electronics)

Bob was also wondering if there are any live distros out there that are privacy-centric.  He was hoping the OS he boots
to would be anonymized every time (randomized MACs, hostname, etc. and any other privacy countermeasures).  Sorry, I
know Bob is pretty paranoid, I tell him so all the time...

Bob would appreciate any advice or recommendations.  Thanks!