PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Inspecting SSL traffic for free "A.K.A IDS/IPS on SSLconnections"

From: Sherif El-Deeb <archeldeeb () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 06:50:53 +0300

Liam,
Looks like just what I have been looking for, thanks a million! but it
will be limited to HTTPS traffic "I guess?",... no POP3s or IMAPS.

I managed yesterday to do a workaround that handled everything SSL:
using SSLSplit "http://mirror.roe.ch/rel/sslsplit/sslsplit-latest.1.txt";
and iptables.

After running it for few hours it works fine, will do testing for a
couple of days before pushing to production.

Thanks again.
Sherif Eldeeb.