PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: [GPWN-list] breaking in to security, trying to get answers

From: John Hoyt <john.h.hoyt () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:50:16 -0500

Relevant...

http://imgur.com/gallery/Qb1Gv

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Rob Smith <robsmith () binaryrage com> wrote:

Completed.

Although I 'got started' well over a year ago I've certainly found it
tough to find my feet. Although I'd blame a large part of that on my
current role (The security role was essentially tacked onto my existing
role due to it being highlighted as a negative during an external audit and
it has been an uphill struggle to get anyone to really take it seriously)
I'd certainly say I've suffered with becoming a bit frustrated in getting
myself into the mindset of an infosec guy.

There's some phenomenal information out there, unfortunately rather a lot
of it is contradictory and the resources are pretty disparate. I have pages
of bookmarks and a good hundred or so 'Read Later' type links saved, it can
be pretty daunting at first.

Still, there's always tomorrow!

Rob