PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: CA Question

From: James Costello <genesiswave () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:50:41 -0500

It Depends...
Does Router A support exporting the certificate?
There may be a command that will allow you to export the certificate,
If not, you should be able to generate a new certificate request from Router
B and have a replacement certificate issued by the CA.
<CAUTION>
Do not have the replacement certificate issued until you are ready to cut
over to the new device as the old certificate will be marked as invalid and
depending upon the solution may cause issues with the existing connections.

Alternatively you could generate the request from OpenSSL on a server and
then export the certificate from there for replacement on Router A and
installation on Router B.