PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: CA Question

From: Bob Hewitt <bob18360 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:42:00 -0400

You can usually have the CA reissue it, or you may be able to export it.
On Apr 25, 2011 6:08 PM, "Gibson, Samuel" <gibsons () my uwstout edu> wrote:
Hello,

This may be a bit of a silly newb question, but I was wondering if it is
possible to transfer a certificate that has been signed by a CA (i.e.
Thawte, Verisign) to a new device. Consider the following situation:

RouterA is using the signed cert for its remote access webpage.

RouterA is intended to be upgraded by installing RouterB with the same
config. Is it possible to transfer the signed certificate from RouterA to
RouterB in a way that allows it to remain valid, thus transparent to end
users?

Thank you very much for your time,

Sam