PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: local windows accounts

From: Ralph Durkee <rd () rd1 net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 12:47:23 -0400

For the "credential compartmentalization" I would say it doesn't apply
well to local windows account.  The credential compartmentalization
would be the opposite of single-sign-on, the concept would be to have
different account and passwords for  systems with different very
purposes and very different risk profiles.    So for example firewall
administrative accounts should NOT be same the regular user account or
email accounts.

-- Ralph Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, GSNA, GCIA, GPEN
Principal Security Consultant