PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: What book for learning hack is good?

From: Michael Dickey <lonervamp () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:32:37 -0500

Without knowing your current skill level or your goals for this learning,
I'm not sure any answer will help.

If you're completely new to hacking and looking for some ideas into what
this whole security and hacking thing is all about, I would recommend the
Hacking Exposed series. Pick the topic if your interest such as Windows,
Linux, Network, Wireless.

The Hacking Exposed books usually have a nice format for people new to
hacking:
- specific attack/vulnerability
- specific defenses

There are other books that go with this format, but Hacking Exposed is
easily the most mature and updated.
It also doesn't spend 7 chapters going over coding or one narrow focus of
security, but will instead show you lots of stuff to get your feet wet. It's
like an appetizer buffet rather than a firehose.

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Mohsen Mostafa Jokar <mohsenjokar () gmail com