PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Hacking Exposed: Wireless Lab Equipment

From: "Gibson, Samuel" <gibsons () my uwstout edu>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:55:03 +0000

Hello List,

I just finished school and am looking forward to some time to study something I want to look into.  I was planning on
reading Hacking Exposed: Wireless (2nd Edition).  I was wondering if anyone has any equipment recommendations as to
what will allow me to test some of the techniques covered in the book in a lab setting.  I am on a fairly limited
budget.  I do have an older Cisco Aeronet 1200 AP that supports 802.11b, but not A or G.

Any recommendations on an inexpensive wireless card that supports pigtails?

I am not concerned about the zigbee section at this time, but would also like to work on some of the Bluetooth stuff.
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam