PaulDotCom mailing list archives

UAC in Windows 7 more trouble then its worth?

From: Bah Jon <databa () sky com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:22:12 +0100

Hi everyone,

We are upgrading from xp to 7 in the next few months. At the minute there is a few areas that concern me but I only
want to voice my opinions at the right time and only for the fights worth fighting. In my personal opinion UAC will
help make our systems more secure and is worth having even if it makes our jobs that bit harder.

At the minute most stuff seems to work fine but there are a few pieces of legacy software that are causing minor
issues. The guy that does our third line says it will create us a massive head and should be turned off. Can I  ask do
you have it turned on? is it worth having?? any other advise?

Many Thanks