PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Training Materials and style Query

From: Jesse Gardner <jgardner.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 07:43:18 -0700

Sorry, I know I'm late to the game...  I didn't go to any bootcamps or formal training to get my CISSP, I just studied
materials I could find online, and purchased a decent practice exam suite.  See links below.  It took about a month of
leisure study and maybe 2 weeks of focused study in weak areas for me to take the exam with comfort, knowing I would
pass.

The practice questions were $60, and were not from brain-dumps, I am ethically opposed to that kind of crap...  It has
a lot of questions and provided the correct answer with a description and links to public domain material online to
learn about the particular topic/domain.  More than anything, the practice exam helped me get in the mindset to take a
ridiculously long test, it plays tricks with your mind after you've been staring at a scantron sheet for 3hrs.

Practice test:  http://www.certgear.com/products/cissp/cissp_practice.htm
Good study guide:  http://www.hughes2k.com/files/GHughes-CISSP-Class-Notes.pdf  (password: hughes2k)
Another really good study guide:  http://home.cogeco.ca/~ericallaire/Document/CISSP_aide_memoire_e_%20v52.pdf
And another:  http://www.oocities.com/gdnl/pguide.doc

Hope these help, good luck!  I'm sure there are plenty of folks here that would be willing to endorse, add me to the
list.

Jesse