PaulDotCom mailing list archives

privacy friendly online payments: what should I pay attention?

From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:41:08 +0100

Hi folks

What are GO and NOGO in online payments? I wish to buy Android Games,
but don't wish to share my credit card data with Google (Checkout).
Credit Cards are a privacy nightmare because all my data is shared
with vendor.

Very privacy friendly is Paysafecard, because you can buy in physical
Store and can submit fake personal data at the vendor. See
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Paysafecard
Also privacy friendly is PayPal, because they only share your email
address with the vendor. See
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/PayPal

Is this right? What other options do I have to make a payment with
almost anonymously?

cheers Sven