PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Bad Agent on encrypted disk

From: Michael Salmon <lonestarr13 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 22:05:52 -0400

My previous company used PGP whole disk encryption, when all else failed we
needed to use a boot disk to decrypt the drive before we could proceed.  I
don't know much about SafeDisk and I'm not sure if you or your IT dept saw
this already but I think it may be your best solution:
http://ubcd4win.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11191.  Create a BartPE disk
to mount and decrypt the drive.  Maybe you could use PXE boot with this
solution to speed up the process?

Maybe someone else here has more experience with SafeBoot and a better
solution.  Good luck!