PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Episode 217p2: Slutty wireless network cards

From: James Shewmaker <james () bluenotch com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 21:59:26 -0700

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this, but for completeness the older
Backtrack HCL lists many wireless devices that are relatively hard to
google. The page below is useful to decide which driver to use with
which card for airpwn vs. just runnint Kismet, etc.  It only covers
BT2 and BT3 but it's a good collection of which capabilities go with
which devices and drivers.  It also has a few patches for driver
changes.

http://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/HCL:Wireless

The current official page is less complete:
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/bt/wireless-drivers/

Even if I'm buying a device for Windows, I still will check the list
here as a starting place.

--
Regards,

James Shewmaker