PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Session management

From: k41zen Me <k41zen () me com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:51:08 +0000

So the only cookie (JESSIONID) sent is by Firefox right from the very first GET request and this never changes. Could
it be using this one? I would expect a new cookie after auth but there isn't one. The server doesn't send anything.

I've read a bit around the JESSIONID cookie and how it differs from IE to Firefox and tabbed pages.

If it is using this how are they generated? How unique are they?