PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Session management

From: "Butturini, Russell" <Russell.Butturini () Healthways com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 08:26:55 -0500

Depending on the backend authentication mechanisms, it may be possible to track IP address that JSESSIONID was issued
to (I think the last time I've seen it done was with Oracle Identity Manager).  Other than that, I personally have seen
Websphere run without any JSESSIONID validation, and yes it is HIGHLY possible to take over an existing authenticated
sessions.