PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Security Operating Procedures and beating people overthe head (fun fun fun)

From: craig bowser <reswob10 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:14:27 -0400

I suggest using the global policy to force a log out between midnight and 1
am or some other late night hours.  Locking out accounts will a: tick off
the help desk who will be taking all those calls and b: further antagnize
the users that you really want on your side not as permanent enemies.

I'm not saying that users will always rally to you or be supportive of
security policy, but I think that purposely antagonizing them will not help
the situation.

Craig