PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Security Operating Procedures and beating people overthe head (fun fun fun)

From: CP Constantine <conrad () 1211 net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:59:17 -0400

On 7/14/2010 7:46 PM, d4ncingd4n () gmail com wrote:
Although beating people over the head can be satisfying, I would encourage you to do it as a last resort.

The first lesson:
Any security process that gets in the way of employee productivity will
be routed around

The second lesson:
Given the choice between dancing kittens, and security, users will
always choose dancing kittens

The third lesson:
Your security should offer dancing kittens, because all users prefer
dancing kittens over productivity

(yes, I am completely serious in that last point.. I'd be pitching it to
VC if I knew any reasonable way to implement).