PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Need for college, verses formal training and certifications, in the security field.

From: Dan McGinn-Combs <dgcombs () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:08:00 -0400

I heartily agree (surprise!) with all that's been said. I'd also like you to
consider one of the questions I ask a job candidate: "Describe your home
network." You can tell a lot from that answer. Especially when the candidate
gets a little gleam in his eye or mists up thinking about that favorite
retired server.

Couple of suggestions for "crazy Linux" (by craziness order of magnitude):

http://www.linuxmint.com/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
http://www.archlinux.org/
http://www.gentoo.org/
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

You can also test the waters and see how many there really are if you check
for you favorite flavor-of-the-month at
http://distrowatch.com/

Go forth and have some fun!

Dan