PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Driftnet

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:54:19 +0100

I haven't had chance, it is book marked for when I get a free hour or
so but don't know when that will be.

On 13 September 2010 08:22, Bert Van Kets <mailing () vankets com> wrote:
 Hi Robin,

Did you manage to get NetworkMiner working on Linux?

I get some "install .Net for Windows on Linux" remark when starting it
with Wine. Using mono to start it gives me a settings file path error.
I'm using BackTrack during these tests.
I looked at the source code and found the location where the error
occurs. It's a logic that will only work in Windows as it appends a
backslash to the application path.
I have no idea how to start a mono dependant application in Wine. That
would be a solution too as it the application would be seeing the
virtual C-drive.

For my presentation on Thursday it's not a big issue as I have to switch
back to Windows anyways, but for the future it would be nice to be able
to have NetworkMiner running on mono.

Bert