PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Secure Remote Connections

From: Chris Blazek <chris.blazek () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:17:57 -0500

We use VPN and encryption (finallysecure) on the laptops.

Chris

On Aug 11, 2010, at 1:28 PM, "Tyler Robinson" <pcimpressions () gmail com> wrote:

Alright so after failing a recent security audit which I knew we would I have a little bit of fire to allow me to
make some corp changes one of them being remote devices and policy. Currently there are mobile devices unencrypted,
and with cheesy passwords out on the road using unsecured RDP to connect back to our terminal server to use apps, My
question is what is going to be an easy to roll out solution to make this situation secure I worry that one of these
devices will get stolen or sniffed and the terminal server is on the LAN with the rest of everything , it’s a flat
domain… so how to I allow remote connections securely without allowing them to save there stupid RDP Connection
credentials(set to autologin) on an unpassworded desktop. Any ideas or suggestions I have one year to plan, implement
and change this broken system, over about 10 corps all releated and setup the same….

Thanks as always to everyone,

TR