PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Secure Remote Connections

From: Bugbear <gbugbear () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:04:19 -0400

What version of Windows, RDP client, term server, and domain do you have?

RDP 6.X and above supports 128 bit SSL (while not perfect certainly
better than earlier versions- See classic paper on older version here
http://www.oxid.it/downloads/rdp-gbu.pdf ).

You really should encrypt those laptops. Also an IPSEC tunnel would be better.

Saving creds may be able to controlled via registry or GPO but without
hardening the end point, meh

Are these system hardened at all, services, patch mgmt, host firewall, etc... ?

You mentioned you failed an audit. Audit for specific regulatory body?
Or just internal?

Just my 21/2 cents, I am sure others will have input 2