PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Locking down Ports and DHCP

From: Bugbear <gbugbear () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:30:48 -0400

Kevin

I'm not 100% sure what your asking. In my situation, we just check if
the computer/user has valid domain creds, if not we quarantine them.
Not valid means they are guest and not my responsibility to backup or
patch.

If you are doing full NAC/NAP with remediation, then those products
often provide a remediation server that offers patches/links to
patches (i.e. latest WIN patches, virus defs). Problem is if
user/guest doesn't have admin rights then what? In my opinion, just
easier to have guest jacks with air gaped network (could do vlan;ing
if you prefer) and limited internet access available.

Hope this clarifies some things.

Tim