PaulDotCom mailing list archives

DDOS

From: lazydj98 at gmail.com (Joshua Smith)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:38:47 -0400

I like tarpitting connections. Has it's own issues, but still fun

-Josh

On Apr 22, 2010, at 3:37 AM, Karl Bailey <karlrobertbailey at googlemail.com
wrote:

We had a recent pen test that highlighted allot of problems on our
infrastructure with DoS, things like slowaris causing issues, I've
been considering using iptables to limit the number of connections
from a single IP ... not allot of help with a DDoS, but would have
saved us allot of grief as the pen testing all came from 3 IP
addresses, is there something a little cleverererer iptables can do
around dropping bad traffic?

Regards
Karl

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Geoff Shukin <shukin at gsenterprises.biz