PaulDotCom mailing list archives

metasploit, vista and psexec

From: brianwgray at gmail.com (Brian Gray)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:05:14 -0400

http://pauldotcom.com/2009/12/why-your-metasploit-psexec-mod.html

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:33 AM, sean gambles <sean.gambles at ntlworld.com>wrote:

 Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone know the answer to this...

I am trying to get the psexec metasploit exploit working against
vista/2008/win7 machines and keep getting an access denied error

I have got this to work only by enabling the administrator account and
using that instead to connect to. Any other admin level account gives me the
error.

Due to the fact that these operating systems disable the original
administrator account and force you to create a new one this is pretty
useless.

This issue happens with ophcrack and the regular psexec tools also.

Thanks

Sean