PaulDotCom mailing list archives

HDD(corrupted) data recovery help?

From: lonestarr13 at gmail.com (Michael Salmon)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:40:16 -0400

Would this be a good time for some SpinRite testimonials?

On Mar 14, 2010 7:05 PM, "William Gibson" <rulzwrld at gmail.com> wrote:

So I just started having bad sectors in my WD external 1TB hdd and so I used
an excelent software by dmitry HDD Regenerator. It actually fixed all of the
bad sectors.I could read all the data but couldn't write to the hdd. SO I
did an advance RMA(They send you a new one before you send the old one
back). Few days later my new HDD arrived from WD but when I tried backing up
all my data was gone.. *poof* the hdd was completely corrupted. All my
windows computer detect it but does not populate it. I tried same (HDD
Regenerator) software and its shows 0mb in 0sectors available and doesn't
work.

Do you have any forensics software which I could try to recover my data
before sending it back?

Also I dont have any PII in it, but lot of personal collections which I
would love to recover. I don't to spend $$$ to send it to professional
recovery people.

Thanks,
-W.Gibson.