PaulDotCom mailing list archives

HDD(corrupted) data recovery help?

From: pj_mcgarvey at hotmail.com (PJ McGarvey)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 10:40:20 -0400

I've consistently used photorec a number of times to find files that were on drives that were corrupted, formatted, or
the files were deleted.  I've used some of the free windows utils like Recuva and others, they seem to work OK too.

I've also worked with OnTrack.com for HDD recovery at my work, though that's usually in the thousands of dollars.

PJ