PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Endpoint Solution

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Tim Mugherini)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:28:42 -0400

I would be cautious of all in one solutions. While it is a pain to
mngt multiple solutions, often the stand alones are more comprehensive
and stable.

I have no experience with the product you are using so just my opinion
based on general experience.

Also consider post xp sp2 firewall mgmt via GPO is a breeze. Win7 adds
even more and so far testing is solid.

Xp sp3 and beyond adds GPO support for 802.1x and vista/win7  nap. Its
not without its quirks but most NAC implementations regardless of
vendor take some planning, testing, and patience - rinse and repeat

Pgp wde is solid but expensive few limitations but their support Is solid

If you end up looking at any of these, ping me and I can save you
shi... ton of time with some details and experiences

That goes for anyone on the list