PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Illegal but Ethical

From: iamnowonmai at gmail.com (iamnowonmai)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 09:41:46 -0400

granted there is a slight difference in degree between overthrowing a
repressive regime and port-scanning your neighbors Linksys... ;)

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Bradley McMahon <bradmcmahon at gmail.com>wrote:

um any great revolution that relieved the country from an oppressor can be
considered ethical but Illegal, the US revolution was illegal (treason) and
ethical, while the British Monarchy was legal but unethical. These terms are
highly relative so it really matters on the times you live in. What may
seemed ethical to Jefferson, Adams,... seemed unethical by the King and aristocracy.
I think your asking too much from a business prof to understand the finer
details of ethics, I bet your the first person to actually pose a
challenging question in his class. Good luck on your masters.
-Brad