PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Interesting finding on locked accounts in ADS

From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:27:33 -0400

I just found out something interesting by accident. It seems that if an
account is logged in to a box, but the box is locked, you can not unlock it
with a locked account (too many bad password attempts I think). However, if
you pull the network connection so it has to use cached credentials it will
let you right in, then you can reconnect the network cable. I'm not sure if
it would work if the user was logged out, but if someone could test and let
us know that would be cool. Seems like an interesting oversight.

Adrian