PaulDotCom mailing list archives

DHS to hire up to 1,000 cybersecurity experts

From: allen.deryke at hushmail.com (Allen Deryke)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 23:13:25 -0400

That's a lot easier to do from above or outside said power structure.
Such as a consultant.

Its very hard to gain real leverage working from the bottom up. You
may be working in the right direction, but often you won't be moveing
at a meaningful speed.

This isn't specific to information security or even IT. Teams can get
to big to succeed, good leadership is critical but the leaders all
have conflicting goals.  This is another example rewarding short term
success while ignoring assured long term failure.

-- Allen Deryke