PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Network Admin - User Creation Spreadsheet

From: bytesabit at gmail.com (bytes abit)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:49:50 -0300

I have created an Excel Spreadsheet that allows one to PASTE a list of "Last
Name, First Name" into the Name column and it auto-generates a batch file
that creates the list of names into Active Directory user accounts.

I have changed some of the random code and aspects to keep my usage hidden,
but have created an example file for the PDC community.

I hope this helps someone out, saves me about 4 hours a month, as we
generate many users.

NOTE:  Some of the options are not available and are simply there for
concept.  Also, this example could be used for any command :)

I also realize this can probably be done in many languages, but I was
teaching Excel at the time and thought it a good example to my class on
embedded formulas :P

The batch file will be created in the same location that the file resides.

++ As per anything, I welcome and suggest you check the code out first to
ensure I have... errrr BOB has not been meddling with the file or trying
something sneaky.