PaulDotCom mailing list archives

vmserver nic in promiscuous mode

From: subzer0girl at gmail.com (subzer0girl)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 08:41:39 -0600

Thanks for all the suggestions - I really appreciate the help

Sandy

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Nils <nils at hemmann.de> wrote:

What Michael suggests did it for me, too. But I wasn't able to sniff on
the ESX server directly but on another host in the same VLAN.

Nils

Michael Boman wrote:
You need to configure the virtual switch to allow promiscuous mode.
You don't specify what VMWare product you are using, but on ESXi 3.5
you go:

<Your Server> - "Configuration" tab - "Networking" side menu - Click
"Properties..." - Select your virtual switch and  click "Edit" - Under
the "Security" tab you can choose to "Accept" or "Reject" promiscuous
mode.

Best regards
Michael Boman