PaulDotCom mailing list archives

No subject

From: bogus () does not exist com ()
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 23:25:38 -0000

of the online services.  Few years back I was using some free online servic=
e=2C but after the initial backup=2C I didn't check on it much.  Turned out=
 they had some tech issues that ended up with them going out of business an=
d I couldn't get my stuff back.  Kinda sucked=2C but it can def. happen.  I=
'm sure all my stuff was on some HDD that was sold on eBay... lol

=20

Of course I also keep a copy of everything on a 1TB external drive I have=
=2C thinking of getting a 500GB Raid to replace it.

=20

-PJ

What are people using to backup their home networks at the moment?
I've probably got about about 5G to backup and was wondering about
tape. I don't fancy building a large RAID system or buying something
like a drobo as I know that I'll end up using it for normal storage
rather than just backups and that will defeat the point.

Any tips?

Robin

                                         =20
Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search=2C chat and e-mail from your inb=
ox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=3DPID28326::T:WLMTAGL:O=
N:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1=

--_9ce092b2-664b-43bc-8d04-df7123551c3f_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
--></style>
</head>
I use ADrive.com=2C 50G free.&nbsp=3B I've used the Java uploader client wi=
th some success=2C they limit you to the number of files you can upload at =
a time=2C and to file sizes (forget the details)=2C but for free it's not b=
ad.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>