PaulDotCom mailing list archives

HIDS advice?

From: jmagee at thevigilant.com (Joe Magee)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:16:13 -0400

We've certainly seen it. Can be a bit noisy in a production *nix environment. A lot of times we isolate this to say
"PCI" systems or other compliance targets...

With that said, it's also interesting seeing those backup jobs running as root, or better yet seeing the backup jobs
failing as root (ie not running.) Then running a report that shows that happening every night for the past month (doh!)

I miss Squire... :)

- Joe

P.S. Who's not a lurker!  (that'd be me..)

Joe Magee
Chief Technology Officer
Cell +1-617-921-8671
Office +1-201-324-1800 x202