PaulDotCom mailing list archives

smart meters

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:07:12 +0100

On the radio this morning someone said that theirs had a SIM card in
and it reported their reading back to base every night. That is
probably the safest option and removes the need for a van to comb the
streets reading each unit.

I'm sure people will try getting that card out and making free calls
from it though. I'm also thinking bad thoughts about sniffing, MITM,
fake SMS/GPRS connections. Lucky I haven't got time to do the project
I've already got on let alone new ones!

Robin