PaulDotCom mailing list archives

What netbook do you prefer for pentesting?

From: robert.portvliet at gmail.com (Robert Portvliet)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:45:00 -0400

Much thanks for all the info guys, I greatly appreciate it!

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Gregory Baker
<travelingregbaker at yahoo.com>wrote:

Having used two different models of EEEPCs, Acer 1, Dell Mini, Dell
lattitude 2100, the lenovo, and the HP 2133, for various duties inclusive of
pentesting, the HP wins. I normally loathe HP computers but this
device surprisingly turns out to be my favorite of the lot. It has an
Expresscard slot and the case is aluminium. The downside of course is that
save the new Dell lattitude, it is the most expensive device.

Why so many different netbooks you ask? Well some Executive securely locked
in his/her ivory tower somewhere thought it would be a great cost saving
measure for the mobile workforce to replace our encrypted notebooks with
netbooks. I hate it when an Executive gets ahold of a PC magazine.....

I sure wish Apple would get into this market. I think that they could
easily own it in short order.