PaulDotCom mailing list archives

wmic behaviour - is it just me?

From: andycapp92 at gmail.com (Andrew Anderson)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:18:30 -0600

I am trying to pull netstat results from a remote machine partly as per Ed's
description on Command Line Kung Fu.#31

using the following line..

wmic /node:100.x.x.x process call Create "cmd.exe /c netstat >
\\10.x.x.x\temp\results.txt"

the call seems to finish properly, gives me a pid for the process, and
returns 0.

but nothing ever gets written to the file share.

if I run it locally on the target box:

netstat > \\10.x.x.x\temp\results.txt

It runs successully....  and I have my results on the remote share.

Some notes:
I can run other wmic commands against the remote machine ok.
I can see the process start on the remote machine.
The share permissions are set to allow full control for 'everyone' and
'Domain Computers' -- no I did NOT start here, nor do I plan to leave
permissions like this. --
I have tried the /user:x switch to explicity use my admin account and It
makes no difference.

Does anyone have any thoughts or perhaps seen this before?

--

Andrew Anderson