PaulDotCom mailing list archives

No subject

From: bogus () does not exist com ()
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:14:41 -0000

formatted in any traditional way)

[autorun]
open=3DIronKey.exe
Icon=3DWINDOWS\CD.ICO
label=3DIronKey Unlocker

Once Auth'd from writable storage area:

[autorun]
label=3DIronKey Secure Files
icon=3DSECUR02B.ico (hmm)

Hope this helps

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:52 AM, John <johnemiller at gmail.com> wrote:

I would check to see where the autorun software is stored on the drive.
If it truly is read-only, then you arrive at two possible scenarios.
They might have a mass produced security hardware device that is not
able to be updated. It becomes a sitting target. The only way around
this is to call executable code from the read-write partition. This
would make the drive vulnerable to overwriting the autorun application.

This is a technique that is used by the Downadup worm. It writes itself
into autorun.inf files on removable media and network shares. I also use
the stock autorun.inf on U3 drives and replace the contents of
LaunchU3.exe with a malicious agent. I've had antivirus catch suspicious
autorun files, but I figure they will always accept a stock U3 drive.