PaulDotCom mailing list archives

upgrading the kernel in Backtrack 3

From: kerrjar at gmail.com (Aaron Moss)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 02:51:15 +0000

Well, I have a Broadcom 4311 wireless chipset that I'm trying to get to work
for packet injection...currently, (supposedly) the bcm43xx drivers are
supposed to work, but there have been people who have been able to get this
to work...apparently I'm not one of them, as I can't even get the drivers to
get onto my WPA encrypted router, which has a key that I'm trying to break
to see how strong it really is...I know for a fact you won't find it in any
dictionary file, but I wanted to see if it would actually work if I put the
key in the dictionary file and see how long it would take to break it.
Nonetheless, I'm still stuck just trying to get this thing to associate to
my router, let alone try to get to the WPA. Go figure. Thanks for the
advice...I think I'm just going to try to eventually get a different card
for this thing...I can't see any reason in putting in a bunch of time for
something such as this, especially when I REALLY don't have the time for it.
Heh. Thanks again!