oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: illumos (or at least danmcd) membership in the distros list

From: Dan McDonald <danmcd () mnx io>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 15:49:22 +0000

Sorry for being unclear (but I tried to understand the possible distinction in the parenthesized bit of the subject).

On Sep 14, 2023, at 11:14 AM, Solar Designer <solar () openwall com> wrote:

That said, the membership is for the distro, not for the individuals.
The Subject line here is confused about that.  The difference is in what
uses of information are allowed (only for the distro's security) and in
conditions for staying subscribed (only while requested by the distro's
leadership and only as needed for the distro's security).

Regardless of the precise semantics, I'm here on behalf of illumos, and I'm volunteering/happy to be the individual
representing illumos.

Hope this helps,
Dan