oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: linux-distros membership application - Microsoft

From: Michael Ellerman <mpe () ellerman id au>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 00:41:42 +1000

Sasha Levin <sashal () kernel org> writes:
On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 02:57:43PM +0200, Solar Designer wrote:

Poll: What days of week work best for you for public disclosure by
others of vulnerabilities in software you (or your employer, etc.) use?

23% No preference or Other
33% Mon
36% Tue, Wed, Thu
8% Fri, Sat, Sun

164 votes

12:13 PM - 27 Oct 2017

As you can see, Mon fared really well - almost same as Tue, Wed, Thu
combined, meaning that it might be _the_ preferred day of week for
vulnerability disclosures.  So we probably shouldn't exclude Mondays.

My concern with Monday is timezones: we should do the math here, but I'd
like to avoid spilling over to Sunday (or very early Monday for that
matter) for some timezones.

/me waves from UTC+11:00 :)

Which makes 9am Monday for me Sunday afternoon for some folks.

cheers