oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: accepting new members to (linux-)distros lists

From: gremlin () gremlin ru
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 10:25:31 +0300

On 2017-07-02 13:58:39 -0700, Anthony Liguori wrote:

The immediate thought that springs to mind is the [lack of
OpenPGP support in bugzilla] which makes it difficult to ensure
confidentiality unless disabling all email warnings.

I would just assume all email is disabled. I don't know of
a tool that does this right so for security sensitive things,
I think disabling email notification is a best practice.

FTGJ: mutt with pgp_autoencrypt and pgp_autosign options set may
serve as a good replacement for /bin/mail

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin
GPG: 8832FE9FA791F7968AC96E4E909DAC45EF3B1FA8