oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: USBCreator D-Bus service

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 03:54:34 +0300

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 05:09:48PM -0700, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Solar Designer <solar () openwall com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 04:50:08PM -0700, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
[as-per previous discussion on the vendors list, skipping closed
discussion of low-severity issue]

What "vendors list" do you mean?  Do you possibly mean "vendor's" rather
than "vendors" - that is, upstream's list?  (I do not recall seeing this
on the linux-distros list.)

Actually, I was referring to the discussion on linux-distros about
apport and abrt.

Either way, it sounds weird to keep a low severity issue private.  Low
severity usually means not needing an embargo in the first place.  But I
guess it was the vendor's preference?

Sure, I didn't mention it for the benefit of anyone actually working
on linux security. I just wanted to be clear this was expected, as
unfortunately my posts tend to get undesired attention.

Oh, I hope I see what you meant now.  You're saying you're skipping
making this low severity issue closed, and you are instead posting it to
oss-security right away.  I initially read it almost the other way
around, that there's also some other low severity issue that you're not
mentioning on oss-security yet.

Alexander