oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-2014-6271: remote code execution through bash

From: Huzaifa Sidhpurwala <huzaifas () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 22:11:48 +0530

On 09/25/2014 09:49 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

I agree.  I only suggested it as an interim measure if you felt that a
more invasive change was not acceptable yet.

I think Florian's prefix-suffix patch is actually a better way to go
(right now, unless there's some drawback I am not yet aware of), and at
a later time function imports should require to be enabled with a
non-default option.

I agree with Alexander here, and strongly suggest that we should be using Florain's prefix-suffix patch.

--
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala / Red Hat Product Security Team